On April 21, 2009, VMware will be unveiling how they are taking IT to new heights of efficiency, choice and control through service-level automation—dramatically reducing capital and operating costs and maximizing IT efficiency—with the freedom to choose any application, OS, or hardware.
Here are some highlights of what is coming on April 21st;
- Saves enough energy to power Denmark for 10 days
- Frees up enough storage to host 50 times the current volume of photos on Facebook
- Offers 4 times more memory per virtual machine
- Handles 8,900 transactions per second in a virtual machine
- Handles 3 times eBay’s daily traffic on a single server
- Supports 4 times more operating systems than the competition
- Offers twice as many vCPUs per virtual machine
- Supports up to 40GB of network throughput per host
- Is completely awesome!
Join Paul Maritz, President and CEO of VMware, as he and other VMware leaders officially unveil the next generation of virtualization technology from VMware.
I am proud to announce that VMwareTips will be on-site at VMware’s Corporate Offices in Palo Alto, CA for this event. Special Thanks to NetApp for covering my travel/lodging expenses. I still have the need for another sponsor though as I would like to purchase a camcorder to video record the event and post on VMwareTips.com. Sponsorship would include free advertising on VMwareTips.com, contact me for more info.
Don’t miss your chance to participate in one of the most groundbreaking events this year. Look for full coverage of this event on VMwareTips.com and also via simulcast by registering here.