I was just invited by Cisco to be part of the BETA for the next release of the Nexus 1000V. I’ll provide more details about the BETA after I install and test it out, but here are some teasers;
- Virtual Service Domains: Supporting Layer 4-7 services such as VMware vShield
- Security features for virtual desktop: IP Source Guard, Dynamic ARP Inspection, DHCP Snooping
- VSM VMotion on its own VEM
- Automated VSM Installer: Configures VSM, vCenter Server Extension, System Port Groups
- L3 Connectivity Between VSM and VEM: More flexible deployment
- XML API And guess what…?! You can be part of the BETA too! Check out this link and sign up to be part of the distributed virtual switch revolution!